Wow:

I have found this week’s article, It’s Not Misinformation. It’s Amplified Propaganda, by Renée DiResta, to be quite fascinating. She had introduced me to the word, ‘ampliganda’ (though it is not necessarily a real word yet). I thought that this concept was interesting and very relevant to how social media sways our perception of news and events. I particularly found it interesting when she had noted that anyone can have an influence. This to me is very true, as it does not matter how many followers one may have, they still hold an influence and are able to alter the opinions of their audiences. While I do believe this to be very intriguing, there is also plenty of room for concern, anyone is capable of spreading misinformation.

Wonder:

One question that arose while reading the article was: How different would the two world wars have been if there was access to the same technology as there is today? With the unfortunate news of Russia posing war on Ukraine, we get to see firsthand how the advancement of technology and social media will have on such events.