Wow & Wonder #2

In this weeks article, Connectivism: A Learning Theory for the Digital Age, I had found a few points that I had stood out to me. I remember first learning about connectivism through a sociology class I took, so this isn’t my first time gaging the concept. However, I did find the ‘chaos’ concept quite interesting, as it helped me further understand connectivisim, specifically by connecting “everything to everything”. Also, I think that it is really fascinating to undertsand how digital tools have completely changed how we learn, specifically in comparison to the past, where most knowledge was taught through school alone. This has reminded me of conversations I have had with friends where we have discussed how complex learning is today than in the past and that we have learned so much through platforms like Tiktok, Instagram, and Reddit. All this considered, I now wonder where we will be in the future and how learning will be in many years to come. In a society that is so immersed in technology, what is next? How will learning change? Technology has changed so rapidly just over that last decade, so it is probable to think that there will definitely be vast amounts of advancements.

Previous

Wow & Wonder # 1

Next

Wow & Wonder # 3

1. miaharmitage

Hi Michelle,

I really enjoyed your posted and I connected with alot of the ideas you presented. It is quite astonishimg the advancments that have been made in regards to learning. We once knew learning as a thing which only occured in a classroom so it is facinating to see the areas of our lives that it has expanded to. The question you posed of about what is next for learning was one I wanted to investigate further. I included it in my showcase post here

Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norén